Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

a change of scenery

Yes I know I apologize, I've been very quiet for the past year
Last year I was working 2 jobs, 7 days a week, while trying to work on sewing stuff at home. Got me tired...Now we're living in Quesnel, BC. My other half had an opportunity to help run a roofing company.
I have to say I'm quite homesick, we've been here almost 4 months. I have a full time job outside the home, which hardly pays my bills. Not much job opportunity here in this small town except for the mills. I really want to make sewing & creating my job, but I can't seem to sell all this product. Wish I knew what I was doing wrong, or what else I should be doing to get it out there. I have my facebook fanpage, participate in craft fairs, and I have friends that recommend me for orders. Anyone else have some tips on what I should be doing.
I've recently discovered a wonderful purse designer, Alicia @ Swoon. I've ordered four of the patterns, downloaded all her free ones. So far all I've been able to get done is the free Ethel pattern. She was very cute, I wouldn't mind making her again. Just wish I had extra spedning money so I could get a few supplies to try out the other purses.

Say hello to Ethel, my first Swoon purse


I've got a few craft fairs the end of this month, I think I'll do pretty good up here, small community and apparently lots of people are into handmade as there aren't many "good" stores besides Walmart (heh heh even that made me want to cry the first time I went in!!)
Ok, well thats all I can think of the write for now, so much has happened over the past year, its hard to know where to begin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work ��